This class teaches programming essentials through patient, step-by-step examples. You’ll begin with the basics, like working with strings, arrays, and loops, and then move on to more advanced topics, like building interactivity with DOM and jQuery.
Along the way, you’ll write fun games. You’ll also learn how to:
- Create functions to organize and reuse your code
- Write and modify HTML to create dynamic web pages
- Use the DOM and jQuery to make your web pages react to user input
Lesson 2 Arrays
Lesson 3 Useful things to do with array
Lesson 4 Objects
Lesson 5 The Basics of HTML
Lesson 6 More HTML
Lesson 7 & 8 Conditionals and Loops
Lesson 9 & 10 Creating a Hangman Game
Lesson 11 Functions
Lesson 12 The DOM and jQuery
Lesson 13 Interactive Programming
Lesson 14 Find the Buried Treasure!
Lesson 15 Final Presentation
- Recommended for 6-8th grade.
- Pre-algebra and fundamental understanding of geometry.