- Date: 5/15-17/2020. California Middle School State Championship Tournament. Location: Online. All DTE students 5-8th graders are invited. Please check emails for registration information
- Date: 6/2020. National Championship. Location: Online. Details: TBD.
Past Tournaments / Events:
- Date: 3/6-3/8 Location: 1600 Holloway Ave, San Francisco, CA 94132
Name: WESTERN JV AND NOVICE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP (High School and Advanced Middle School)
- CAL INVITATIONAL UC BERKELEY 2020 15-17 — Berkeley, CA/US
- Stanford Invitational Speech & Debate Tournament – 34th Annual Stanford Invitational | February 8-10, 2020
- ModernBrain Tournament 12/15/2019 at DVC (Diablo Valley College). All DTE students are invited. Parents please check emails for detailed information or contact us.
- CHUCK BALLINGALL MEMORIAL INVITATIONAL AT DAMIEN HIGH SCHOOL, 2019 — La Verne, CA/US 11/9-11/10
- La Reina Debate 12/7/2019
- Damien Middle School (6-8th grade) debate Saturday 12/14/2019 (Highly recommended for Middle school students)
- Heideman Tournament(for elementary students), 12/7/2019
- Nov 3, 2019 Principio tournament, . 3rd-12th grade
- Oct 19,2019, Irvine Global Village Festival 2019. Video
- September 21–Monday September 23, 2019, Jack Howe Memorial Invitational Speech and Debate Tournament
General Tournament FAQs:
Q: What are the different rounds/patterns?
A: Patterns just mean that students will compete in different events at different times. It allows for a tournament to host more events. Rounds mean that students will be performing the SAME SPEECH three different times, for different judges. Scores are averaged across rounds to determine final placings.
Q: How many events can I sign up for?
A: You can double enter in speech, which means you can do two events in each pattern, which means you can do 6 events total.
Q: What is I have something in the morning/afternoon the day of the tournament?
A: This is an all day event, so you’ll have to be there the whole day.
Q: Will there be practice in class?
A: Check with your Coach in class.