Python I – Introduction
This course teaches basic programming and problem solving using Python, the powerful language used in college courses and by tech companies such as:
- Google (Youtube)
- Facebook (Tornado)
Step-by-step explanations will have kids learning computational thinking right away, while visual and game-oriented examples hold their attention. Friendly introductions to fundamental programming concepts such as variables, loops, and functions will help even the youngest programmers build the skills they need to make their own cool games and applications.
- Lesson 1 Get Started Using Python with Python IDLE
- Lesson 2 Draw by Turtle Graphics
- Lesson 3 Variables and Expressions
- Lesson 4 Lists Put Items Together
- Lesson 5 Conditions Make Decisions
- Lesson 6 Random Number Generation
- Lesson 7 Loops Repeat Same Actions
- Lesson 8 Functions Make Codes Neater and More Controllable
- Lesson 9 More Functions
- Lesson 10 Pygame for Animation and Games
- Lesson 11 Timers and Animation
- Lesson 12 User Interaction
- Lesson 13 Classes and Objects
- Lesson 14 More User Interaction
- Lesson 15 Game Programming
- Recommended for 5-9th grade.
- Pre-algebra and fundamental understanding of geometry.
- No prior programming experience needed